Winter has made me one lazy lazy man. If I can count the number of nights I have hunkered down on the couch in front of the boob-tube, it would be a depressingly high number. Taking the bus has not helped my laziness however. If anything, it has contributed to it. Another project in the works (yes I have many of them..) is to get something (music, an ear block) in my ear to block out the annoying conversations one may be subject to while riding the bus. Alternatively, I may consider paying the extra 20 bones for an express pass, which tends to be a more civilized experience than the 97 and 95 routes (where anything goes). At least then, I would be guaranteed a seat on the bus, and more importantly would get on the bus ina timely fashion. These days I end up waiting longer for the bus than my commute home. Yesterday I waited just over 20 min. I don't really consider where I live a strategic spot. Too far to walk, too close to probably be granted a parking spot here. I do have a Willy's and a Tim Hortons, but don't hit Hortons often.
I still await the following things: word from the classroom outreach program; reimbursement for my dental bill; my french test results. No, things don't happen overnight, or even in a matter of weeks. The cold has persisted and I am willing to wear my coat until the end of March. I hope that I can wear a lighter coat in April, as I have not had a chance to wash my main winter coat. Talk about stank.
I am working on a new sandwich. From now on, I will be exclusively dealing with rye bread sandwiches. Two advantages: it is healthier than white flour bread and it does not go as stale as white bread rolls. I also feel like an Austrian when I eat my Diplfheimer (spelling) bread.
Tonight I ate another heavy cheese laden meal. It was Nacho night at ol' Ambleside. If anyone can offer me a healthy alternative that does not involve cheese or beef but fills you up just as well, let me know. It seems that without cheese, I am nothing.
I have really been enjoying all the curling, poker, and reality shows on tv lately. This is exactly what I hoped the networks would air when I got cable. Please, what a waste of programming.
I am once again inspired in the battle to speak french. It happened recently as I was watching 110% on TQS at 11. It is a hockey show where the guys just act like bastards and overrule each other constantly. Somebody is always talking when another is speaking. P.J. Stock, a former NHLer and anglophone -who also assists Ron McLean on HNIC- was on to my amazement! He held his own too and spoke fast enough to keep up with the others. If Stock can do it, so can we.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment