Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This weekend I went to a friend's cottage. It was nice of josh and his dad to have me. We all had lots of fun and every night there was a campfire. I made lots of marshmallows and smores. We were fed quite well.

I was sort of fatigued and sickly unfortunately on monday, the day of my parents' anniversary. While everyone else feasted on chinese, I was trying to force myself to bring up so that I could get on with my night. Yesterday, I did make it to my parents' house for dinner, then did some groceries and settled in for the MLB all star game. It did not disappoint in terms of a good game, but I turned it off in the 9th with 2 outs. Boy, was I surprised to learn that the NL almost managed a huge come-back! I always have felt that baseball's all-star game is the most watchable of the 4 major sports all-star events. Hockey is a big-time joke when they get the stars together.

A warning to all those who openly mock people who fear warm water temperatures for their clothes. I put my favourite khaki docker's cargos in a perm press load and noticed that they are 1/8th to a 1/4 of an inch shorter. I always use cold water, but I strayed for some reason this time.

- More un-returned e-mails from Rogers Sportsnet. Don't both giving them feedback. They don't want it! I hate Scott Carson -- a fatso optimist -- and Jamie Campbell --he will forever look 14 years old.

-I am now the least seasoned squash player ever. With no games under my belt, I figure my racket will last until the end of time.

-Kudos to the Canadian media for painting a heroic picture surrounding Crosby's new contract. All our media outlets are telling us that Crosby did good for others and his team: he only signed for an annual salary of 8.7 something million. What a sacrifice! "Kids you see that; don't get greedy now. Look how Sidney handled his contract negotiation, that's class." A true 19 year old multi-millionaire martyr, Crosby is. Please. If they feel so strongly that the Pittsburgh organization "got a steal", then Kypreos, Alan Adams and the rest of those hockey assholes should send around a collection fund to make up the remainder of what they think "market value" for Sid the Kid is. How high will the salary cap climb? Am I really to believe that this business is fixed? Absolutely not. What sort of effect will rising interest rates have on people's disposable income.? Will fans be squeezed a little tighter for those ever-increasing ticket prices. And where is the magical tv contract from a major american tv network? It's non-existent because none of them want to carry hockey. Same old story. The salary cap is climbing because owners have found a way to extract more money from the ticket holders.

No comments: