A new development occurred after I had written the first entry. Mark and I hit the squash court at Ambleside and I played my first ever match. He was kind to me and let me serve again and again. Despite all the friendly spirit, I still lost all 3 games by the scores of 1-11, 3-11, 2-11. I did have fun though.
I learned two things today: my squash ball is a fake, sold to me by Sports Experts; and my stamina hits a wall after two matches. When I got back up to my apartment, I noticed that my face was red as a beat, while Mark had barely cracked a sweat. It is a shame he has a property to maintain and a job to attend to, as he should be on the Canadian squash circuit.
While I had assured him that I would only be picking up take-out from Swiss chalet later that evening, I folded like a cheap tent and sat down for me meal. The main reason for this was that I was desperately hungry and out of energy. I honestly didn't think I could drive back to the condo. So i sat and ordered a half chicken with fries and an extra roll. I had to settle for Pepsi, and then ordered a gingerale. It was difficult sipping the drink without a straw (bc of the ice wading at the top of the glass) so I merely spooned the ice out of my glass with my bare hands. I gave a very un-scrooge like tip and was off. Dessert was a bowl of cinnamon t. crunch.
Something tells me I'll be feeling the lingering effects of this squash for a couple days. I regret nothing!
Below are some links I will address in a later post. Let's just say that everyone who thinks they have a good pay as you go plan (i.e. me) is getting hosed real good, reeeal good.
http://www.7-eleven.com/products/docs/SpeakOut_Brochure_can.pdf
http://www.7-eleven.com/products/product_detail.asp?catalog%5Fname=7ElevenNew&category%5Fname=Canada&subcategory%5Fname=Canada&product%5Fid=2002&thumb=1
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment