Friday, July 27, 2007

back in business

Tonight I used the pool in my building for the first time ever. It was awesome. There was nobody there when I went - which was close to 11, the closing time. While it has a closing time, the door doesn't actually lock. And since no one supervises, it looks like I can throw parties down there. Paul, the maintenance guy, will find us all passed out, bottles leaking beer into the pool. Anyway, I enjoyed my swim and hope to go more in the future.

The name of this blog entry is pertaining to the awesome bp session I had with Mark on Wednesday evening. We found an un-occupied ball diamond and made the best of it. Mark was doing quality work and hit some high fly balls that I settled under nicely. Unfortunately, on one of his first fly balls (which was falling quickly), I pulled something in my left leg. At that point, I had to mail-in my running game pretty much. I also couldn't put as much on my throws to the plate. At least 20 runners must have scored on me. I had a blast and it felt great to get back on the diamond for the first time in a year. Earlier in the evening, H and M had me over for dinner. It was wonderful and I stuffed up on watermelon afterwards. I would have eaten more but I was trying to get rid of an 'air' headache.

Tomorrow is a b-day for FB. Willy's is getting an order for two pies! People in the family can hardly wait. Too bad I'm going to have to restrict access to the pies for the first 5 mins; this is in everyone's best interests as it is too unstable right away -- not to mention the scolding of the top of the mouth from the sauce under the cheese.

This weekend, I hope to play some more tennis and may make it down to the market on sat. Who knows though. I don't....Do you?

1 comment:

H. said...

it's not 'scolding', it's 'scalding'...I'm assuming you mean that it's too hot at first and you don't want people to 'scald' themselves. I had a good laugh at this blog post! keep it up!