Spent the w-end watching movies, eating cheese, running and helping out pop with his bump-out reno project. I also had two dinners with ma and pa. It was enjoyable.
I watched a couple of dvds from the library and have many more on the waiting list. Some of these discs are so scratched up by the time i get them, that i miss whole parts of the movie haha. Oh well it is free. That is why I think vhs is the better technology. I never get screwed around by the film quality (only once in a blue moon). Vhs is more durable I guess.
-Pressure continues to grow on Tim Hortons to switch back to freshly made donuts but I don't think it will happen. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/future-of-tim-hortons-baking-system-uncertain/article1569626/?cmpid=rss1
With strong profits and expansion into the States, we can forget about it I think. I will try Carling Bakery and may give T om and Son's another dry but i find the freshness questionnable and the selection is poor at times since the order is botched and they don't have a lot of stuff. I believe they are windinw their business down. Not sure. I read on Ottawafoodies that Stittsville Bakery closed.
-Talking about when donuts used to be freshly made on premises got me to thinking about how Harvey's used to have fresh-cut fries, but got rid of them around the turn of the millenium. It is no wonder I think that with the sorry state of fries in fast food places, there has been a proliferation of chip trucks across our fair city. See below to see what I mean.
-There is an Arby's again in ottawa so I will have to go try their BLT, Curly Fries and a shake. It is in Kanata but they don't post their hours on website. On hazeldean rd it can be found.
-Here is a CTV website competition to name the best chip stand in Ottawa. I wonder if they have considered the Chinese man ina van near Tunney's Pasture behind the Beer Store. They have over 304 comments/suggestions so happy reading.
http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100730/OTT_Chip_Truck_Say_100730/20100730/?hub=OttawaHome
-I continue to deliberate over whether to enlist in espanol again. The price is $248 now with the HSt and such. Kinda steep I find for what you get. We shall see.
-Ambleside is looking better these days. Clean-up and such. Threw out a lot of papers and stuff that i hoarded over th epast 3 years.
-With the increased family size now I really have to send an e-mail around to my family to take stock of all the birthdays and anniversaries that exist. Hey, i won't recognize the day with a gift, but I'd still like to know!
-People are buying i-phones, i-pads and pens are prob next, but I don't care much. I'll stick with 80's/90s until the gov subsidizes me to switch.
That is all for now even though I am sure I am missing a bunch of stuff I wanted to comment on. Guess I don't have the energy or inclination.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment