Hello all,
What is new? Things have been stable at old Ambleside save for a collapse of my bed spring and mattress the other day and the incessant pigeon dropping on the balcony. Re: the bed, this is the result of a poor support frame or lack of. There is no underlying suppport on the frame and the couple of support pieces aren't even secured to the frame thus they shift and then give out on you. I will rectify this and solve the problem for good.
Otherwise, I bought a car (2010 Accent), went on a trip with papa ertl to the American Southwest and coached ball again in the Spring.
Last weekend I visited Aron in Guelph and had an excellent couple of days with JB in TO, the big city. We had a ball. St. Lawrence Market, Harbour Front, Philly's, Baseball at WestPrep, 7-11 Slurpees, AdBo, etc. It was pretty f***** TO.
As the fall approaches I will attempt to re-enlist in french training, a spanish course, possibly Big Brother, and classroom outreach. If I can do 1 out these 4 things, I will be a happy man.
One other thing I am trying to do is get better at billiards, pool in particular. My first attempts failed last year when the interest course I signed up to with the Ottawa District School Board kept getting cancelled, ironically for, well lack of interest in the course (not enough ppl). So in June I thought, ahaha let's be smart about this and go to the source, so I called up the board and asked for the teacher's info (phone number etc). Well the woman on the phone didn't like that idea too much so I was stone-walled in my first attempt. Next, I thought that this idea would be full proof. Since I knew the name of the teacher from the catalogue I did a trusty 411 search and found a couple of entries for B. McGraw. I rang up one of them and the number was out of service. I cursed society's transition to cell phones as the sole phone line for people (removal of home phone) as I may have lost out. Sure enough though, the 2nd of the 3 entries turned out to be the guy. He was nice and we struck up a rapport over a 15 min phone call. I left my info and was confident he woudl get back to me to arrange a private 1 on 1 session at the Broken Cue pool hall. We even agreed on a rate of $20 an hour with me paying for the table time. Surely, as weeks went by I never heard from him. I have given up now on him and will keep persevering in my quest. Next up: Craiglist!
I guess this experience reminds me that people are not as reliable or devoted as me. I truly do go down with the ship. A similar thing happened when I was searching for VHS at the Mendez Gift Shop in Vanier. I went there picked out some titles, then told the woman I had a list of ones I was seeking. She said, "Sure, give me the list and I will look for them!" Success I finally thought! But, she did not have a fax number. I would have to e-mail her husband from the kijiji link with the list. I did so immediately upon getting home but never heard from him! Shucks.
I continue to drive to work and feel bad for the poor naives who must bus. Of course, this will be me again one day and I will hate it. The issue is the same one that has existed since the inception of public transit: congestion in the vehicles during rush hour. I don't care for it. If I wanted to live in New York or Tokoyo, I would; I don't need the claustrophobic experience here.
I park at my Parkdale/Gladstone location and then stroll quickly/light jog into the office with my black leather bag.
THat is all for now. If you see my running with my black leather bag, don't hit me if I happen to not have the right of way.
Best
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment