I was able to play some baseball with Andy and Andrea. WE had a good time and it was a good baseball display. Andy hit some power shots over the fence (approx 230 ft I estimate - not a senior level field) while I hit one myself. I also felt I had some good hauls from the outfield back to the infield though my outfield arm has a ways to go go still. For that matter, so does my infield arm. It felt nice hitting with a wooden bat on real pro baseballs. We had a casualty as we lost one ball but we still got 4 left. I was worried that Andy was going to hit someone going by the path as there were lots of walkers and cyclists out that day. One person exclaimed as they saw the ball leave the yard, "Elle est partie!" He didn't realize that if he had been biking in that spot three seconds earlier, he would have been nailed.
I did a massive cleaning on my apt which included floors (thanks to new swiffer equipment) vaccuuming, and cleaning my dining table, which had milk stains encrusted on the glass since probably January. It feels much more hygienic and I am proud of this.
Upcoming things:
-Trip
-Mullins cottage (attendance doubtful, see trip)
-Possible camping (someone at work supposed to organize it)
-Father/son brief holiday
-The Blouin family cottage weekend (attendance doubtful)
-Computer purchase
-Dentist/Optometrist
-Shopping for new clothes, shoes, socks and jackets has been put on the back-burner like never before. Although the burner was getting pretty hot last fall when I entered the winter season in my summer clothes still. I am slowly wearing through my socks so I am not sure how much longer I can go. Soon I will just be standing in my shoes.
I was able to secure donuts for Willy's again but the brother who likes them so much wasn’t working that night even though he said he would be. His brother told me that he was scheduled but couldn’t make it. Oh well, more donuts for him. I had an excellent combination pizza on sat night and with the garlic sauce, I was a happy customer. I followed it up with three big glasses of milk and my stomach thanked me for it.
An aside: I hope there is never a fire alarm in my building as I always seem woefully unprepared to leave the building during the day on Sat/Sun. I am usually busy with something on the comp, or have food cooking, or am all greasy in my tattered (and deteriorating) hodge-podge pyjama set sitting on Mark's leather couch.I don't think I could leave if there was an alarm. I would need at least a week to mentally prepare for something like that.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
get a sheet on that couch....soon!
i definitely 'LOL'ed after reading this, your latest entry.
keep up the good work, a-train!
see you in new york!
I love me my comments! Thanks guys, Im glad you're enjoying the entries.
I agree with big rig...get some plastic from Home Depot and cover up that beast!
Jake
With regards to the sheet idea, I think it would look sort of "germaphobic" to do, sitting on a sheet. I already do my Mr. Burns impression when I come out of the washroom at work with a paper towell for the handel.
Post a Comment