Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Andy C is an absolute beauty. Only hours after hearing about how I long for Quaker Oatmeal Golden Honey with Bran, he picked me up a box at his local Maxi (Gatineau). God bless him as now I don't have to drive 40 minutes out of my way to pick up a box on McCarthy rd. at the only A&P in Ottawa. I know they have the product because I called to find out. I discovered this variety of the instant oatmeal while living in Guelph. However, I couldn't find it at any grocery stores in Ottawa.

Tonight I think I am fetching a burger at East Side Mario,s and then back to the apt for internet work and a late night exercise session. Yesterday was laundry and watching ball on tv. The Jays were in an absolute nail-biter and must have went 1-14 with runners in scoring position.

There have been a few grizzly murders in Ottawa lately, with two of the female victims living right down the street from me, on McEwen and New Orchard respectively. I think I may start brandishing a gun when I walk around my lowly neighbourhood. I hope I am not next on this list of victims.

Ella's baptism is coming up and I will be going to that. There was talk that a bucket of chicken would find its way over to the after-party, but this notion was quickly discarded when I found out that 1) KFC is not classy to bring to a gathering after a baptism 2) KFC's whole price structure out of whack. For instance two 3piece meals would cost me 21$ after delivery and tax. I'm sure we will get by without getting grease stuck to our arteries.

I have noticed that running the air conditonner at night is very noisy in the bedroom and I am going to chill the room down, then turn it off when I go to sleep. That air conditonner is certainly due for a replacement to a more modern, civilized Danby model. But it can wait to next year.

Signing off,
One of the Idiots (Millar, Damon, ManRam, Papi, Varitek, A-train)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy may be a beauty, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him when it comes to instant oatmeal. Beware of overzealous Gatineau cereal barons!! Did you ever stop to ask why he was so eager to feed you Oatmeal with "honey" and "bran"?

That said, you can count on his sausage & eggs any day!

A-train said...

LOL I know who this is!
Nathan "bake sale" Baker? Welcome to Train Station! The online blog equivalent to the John Tesh Radio show.

Anonymous said...

Well choo choo ka f*ckin' choo! Ya got me, mr. steam engine driver!