Monday, September 17, 2007

Job interview gone awry

I hit the bottle hard tonight - black cherry vanilla cola that is! That, some dubble bubble, a litre of milk and these tiny Lemon Crunch dutch cookies (original butter recipe) took care of my professional employment sorrows. I couldn't build up a rapport with the people as I was greeted by some Admin guy at the lobby. I thought he was a little young to be interviewing me, but I gave it a chance - only to find out that my original suspicious were correct. I was led to a room, then another room. I wish I had executed better. I wish had had more interview experience in the last 3 years. I wished a lot of things during that fateful 1.5 hrs; someone putting me out of misery would not have been out of line. But alas, I gave it the old heave-ho and now I play the waiting game. I will ramp up job search efforts though in the mean-time. Maybe even start cold-calling. Yes the dreaded cold-call. Calls that steal your soul, and drain your energy.

I signed up to something tonight also. Can the 3 people reading this blog guess what that is?
hint: not playboy magazines
hint: not an annual subscription to the dubble bubble grape club

Johanna's baby comes soon, and soon after, Heidi's. This is def something to look forward to. I will be on call this upcoming weekend, and the phone will be on. My guarantee. Provided of course that I'm not tied up with pa's hedge-trimmer doing a number on 36 lang's hedges. After that, I will hit dough-boy's.

Tonight, as I look out the window, I see a crescent moon. How awesome. The stuff you see in movies.
I have to take care of laundry tonight. If time permits, a movie will be watched using streaming video. I saw Number 23 (2 out of 5 stars) recently and am interested in seeing the following: Death Sentence, 1408, Superbad (again), Knocked up.

Bye bloggers

3 comments:

H. said...

you finally got your cable package?! i'm sure your interview went better than you are letting on...all you can do is try and sometimes not getting what you 'think' you want is a blessing in disguise...something better will always come along.

Mark said...

what is offered if your phone isn't actually on? a guarantee is only as good as what backs it up!
nice work on the cable package...welcome to 1999.

Tripper said...

GL with the job hunt. Interviews suck.