Saturday, August 18, 2007

Update

Not much to say. I have settled in nicely to condo life and am now taking Willys for granted. They know my name it seems and I don't know theirs. hmmm. The escort is still working. I will have to decide whether to cash in my 6 month graduate discount and buy a new car (in the fall sometime). I probably won't.

I did go to a wedding (Aron and Stephanie) last weekend in Southern Ontario! Me, me, pa drove to Hamilton where we stayed with grandma. Then on Friday, I rented a car from Enterprise and drove to Listowell where I met Aron. From there, we did some errands and made it eventually to Stephanie's house. Then the rehearsal, then onto Aron's house for mingling and table snacks. In the morning all the groomsmen took showers and changed into their tuxedos. We all looked super! A limo came and fetched us and we cruised around in style. The driver had to stop a number of times on request of some of the guys - including once to fetch a pepsi from the trunk so one boy could enjoy his rum drink. We took pictures in the long hot sun and did other things up until the big ceremony at 4 pm. As best man, I took it all very seriously. I had the rings in my inside breast pocket and fetched them with ease when asked by the minister. Although, I am not in too many pictures, I did take a lot myself --the exact number being 164.

That night I had some champage and wine with dinner and one beer. Later I didn't have any drinks and wanted to keep in tip-top shape as I had to take Aron and Steph to their hotel. My contacts began killing me as I had them in for quite a while that day (14 hrs) A small headache ensued, but nothing to spoil my evening. My speech was a veritable hit it seemed. This marks two times where I've engaged the audience well when speaking at a wedding. This comforts me coming off the heels of a disappointing school year in terms of public speaking. I continue to long to play baseball, and to a lesser degree squash. I hope to get tennis in tomorrow with andy clapson. Tonight I am going with some ppl from work to a club. This time, I am going at 10:30 rather than 9. Earlier today, I spent a great afternoon in Costco with jones. I bought a fall shirt, a winter jacket, and ordered up a pair of beauty glasses. I also almost bought some calvin klein cords, and a smart looking leather jacket. Costco has really expanded their clothing section and i like it.

bye

No comments: