Saturday, November 20, 2010

Recognizing our farmers' good work

This is a letter I sent to a farmer this past summer. I always say to myself how great it is that we get this local fresh produce shipped in to our grocery stores in the summer and I finally wanted to thank someone for it.

So when a basket of peaches arrived with a stamp on the side of the carton, I knew I had my chance!


Edward Araujo
R.R. *
Kingsville, ON
*** ***

Dear Sir,

After picking up a 3 lb basket of Ontario peaches from my Ottawa grocery store in the month of July, I couldn't help notice your stamp on the side. I just wanted to express how much I enjoyed them - so juicy and tasty. I wanted to say how I really appreciate you and others in your profession.
Keep up the good work and have a nice end of summer.

Thank you
Anthony

No comments: