I have just come back from Canada's best and most exciting city, Toronto. Aside from the great atmosphere on the streets, the best thing I noticed was the Metro Subway; it was clean, safe, sparsely populated and extremely useful. This is the exact opposition of how you would describe Ottawa's public transit with the buses.
The occasion was a vist to my friend Josh, who actually surprised me with the location of his house. I didn't know he lived in an urban downtown setting. His house was just off Eglinton West. It made for a short walk to the subway station. We had a ball together and did many things: eating, wathing our flicks, seeing the raptors, seeing live comedy, walking around, playing sports, old nintendo even. We ate like bastards and drank cream soda until it was coming out of our ears. I left Thursday and came back Sunday. I am not yet sold on the train. For the price, I was disappointed that the train was delayed 30 minutes on the way back Sunday. I wouldn't have minded so much perhaps, except for the fact that I missed my 3:30 departure single-handedly due to the Santa Claus Parade which paralyzed a good section of the downtown core.
I would say that I have lots of picture - and rest assured I took some - but they will likely not be appearing on my Shutterfly account. I have realized how annoying and time-consuming this whole storing picture thing is. I have a bunch of pics to upload, and I have to decide between facebook and Shutterfly. I wish I could do both at once, but it's not the same thing. Facebook seems to be winning the struggle for my picture albums.
Everything else is the same. I am running out of time to do some things though. Priorities include investing, charity, job search or not, entertaining at my condo/organizing all my stuff/painting the kitchen cabinets.
Ah well. Bye internet users.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well, to be fair, your train was right on time!
Post a Comment